Tumaini Fund for Economic Development International commenced operating in Kenya, in 2005.
Tumaini Fund for Economic Development International (TFEDI) is a local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) based in the slums of Nairobi, Kenya. It is set up in order to fight the widespread poverty in Nairobi's slums and many social problems, under which Aids,hunger,low hygiene.All these are connected to the wide spread of poverty.
Tumaini's vision is to see all people are healthy and financially capable of providing their basic needs.
Our objectives include:
- Create and enhance economic opportunities
- Create wealth through empowering people
- Getting more of the poor active in doing business.
- Help poverty reduction by providing sustainable and high impact financial services to the poor.
- To promote small and medium enterprises (SMEs) at community level.
- Mobilize and disburse funds and other resources in order to offer financial services and support our HIV program
- Mobilize funds to build an orphanage under our HIV Program
Tumaini has been able to achieve some of its objective. Below are some of the success stories
Mariam started a small business in order to support the children with basic needs and education.
MARIAM HASSANMOBILE BEAUTY-SELLING
Rosemary owns a beauty shop and succeeded to expand her shop.......
ROSEMARY WAITHIRA MWANGIBEAUTY SHOP
Margaret owns a tailoring shop. With TFEDI Loan she purchased for her tailor-training school.
MARGARET K MAMUMUGETAILORING SHOP
Margaret benefited from a loan with TFEDI to financially assist her family. She owns a small restaurant (hotel).
MARGARET WANJIKUSMALL RESTAURANT
Doroas walks door to door selling clothes in Buruburu and Kariobangi, Nairobi.
DOROAS MUHIAMOBILE CLOTH SELLING
Veronica owns a shop to sells fruits and charcoal. Her business was boosted by TFEDI’s micro-finance program.
VERONICA MUJENIFRUITS AND CHARCOAL SELLER