Tumaini Fund for Economic Development International (TFEDI) is a local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) based in the slums of Nairobi, Kenya. It is set up in order to fight the widespread poverty in Nairobi’s slums and many social problems, under which Aids,hunger,low hygiene.All these are connected to the wide spread of poverty.
Tumaini’s vision is to see all people are healthy and financially capable of providing their basic needs. Our objectives include:
- Create and enhance economic opportunities
- Create wealth through empowering people
- Getting more of the poor active in doing business.
- Help poverty reduction by providing sustainable and high impact financial services to the poor.
- To promote small and medium enterprises (SMEs) at community level.
- Mobilize and disburse funds and other resources in order to offer financial services and support our HIV program
- Mobilize funds to build an orphanage under our HIV Program
Tumaini Fund for Economic Development International commenced operating in Kenya, in 2005. The main activities of TFEDI involve providing micro finance for people who live in the Slum community in Nairobi, Kenya. We provide a means to create and enhance economic opportunities and provision of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment services and commodities whereby victims of HIV/AIDS will be beneficiaries as well as members of the organization.
When they become economically empowered, they can afford healthcare, that includes the access to Anti-Retroviral Therapy, balanced diet and treatment arising from opportunistic infections as well as the routine laboratory tests that are required to monitor the progress.